- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the filo parcels
- 3/4 small pineapples, finely diced
- 5 pieces preserved stem ginger, finely diced
- 2 limes, zest
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 100 g melted butter
For the cream
- 1/4 small pineapples, finely diced
- 3 tbsp stem ginger syrup
- 1 lime, juice only
- 75 ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Place the pineapple, chopped ginger and lime zest in a bowl. Stir in the ricotta cheese and mix well.
4. Add the egg and sugar and beat well to combine.
3. Layer the filo pastry sheets, on a baking sheet, in a large rectangle, brushing each sheet with butter as you go.
4. Spoon the pineapple mixture into the centre of the pastry. Fold the filo over the filling to make a long log, and tuck in the ends.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
6. To make the cream, place the pineapple, ginger syrup, lime juice and cream into a blender and whiz until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.
7. Remove the filo parcel from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Cut into slices and serve with the pineapple cream.
Rate This Recipe