- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 4-6 hrs or overnight freezing
- Effort: easy
- split cardamom pods
- 2 x 410g tins of evaporated milk
- 284 ml single cream
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatine
- 250 g dried pineapple, chopped
- 50 g pistachio nuts, shelled and chopped
- slices fresh mango, to serve
1. In a large, non-stick saucepan heat together the cardamom pods, evaporated milk, cream and sugar. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl sprinkle the gelatine over 3 tbsp cold water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the cardamom mixture from the heat, add the soaked gelatine and stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
4. Mix the dried pineapple into the cardamom mixture. Pour into 6 dariole moulds and freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight until set.
5. Turn out the ice cream and serve sprinkled with chopped pistachio nuts and fresh mango slices on the side.
Rate This Recipe