- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tsp clear honey
- 100 g blanched flaked almonds
For the sponge
- 145 g butter
- 145 g caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 145 g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 baby pineapples, cut into 24 wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Pour a teaspoon of honey into each of the 6 ramekins .
3. Divide the almonds evenly between the cases and sprinkle over the bottom and up the sides; they should stick to the honey.
4. Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating in between addition until the mixture is smooth.
6. Add the honey and beat well, then fold in the flour.
7. Spoon the mixture into the almond-lined ramekins.
8. Top the sponge with 4 small wedges of pineapple and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool, until warm before turning out.
Rate This Recipe