- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 20 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
For the pineapple cylinder
- 1 pineapple, not too round
- rum, (optional)
- sugar, (optional)
For the muscovado heaven
- 5 tbsp double cream
- 5 tbsp plain yogurt
- dark brown sugar, preferably muscovado
1. For the pineapple cylinder: on a wooden board, slice off the top and bottom of the pineapple - reserve the top and discard the bottom.
2. Using a serrated, thin pointed knife, carefully loosen the flesh of the pineapple from the skin and push out the cylinder of pineapple - keeping the skin in a round.
3. Lie the pineapple cylinder on the board and carefully slice, ensuring you keep the slices in the order you sliced them in. You can sprinkle the slices with a little rum and sugar at this stage if you wish.
4. Put the sliced cylinder back into the pineapple skin on a plate and put the top of the pineapple back on.
5. For the muscovado heaven: whisk the double cream so that it is half whipped and thick but not stiff or set. Add the yogurt and stir to combine.
6. Spoon into cocktail glasses then sprinkle over a layer of dark muscovado sugar. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. The sugar will start to run down the inside of the glass and turn into a syrup.
7. Serve the glasses of muscovado heaven with the pineapple slices.
Rate This Recipe