- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 heads frisée lettuce
- 2 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 heads red chicory, leaves separated
- 1 heads small lollo rosso lettuce, leaves separated
For the dressing
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- 1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 100 ml olive oil
1. Heat a frying pan until hot, then add the bacon and fry until crisp. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
2. For the dressing, peel the grapefruit and cut into segments, taking care to reserve any of the juices. Put the juice in a bowl and stir in the mustards. Continue to whisk and add the white wine vinegar and olive oil.
3. To assemble the salad, layer the Frisée lettuce, bacon, avocado, and pink grapefruit segments in a large bowl, adding a spoonful of the dressing between each layer.
4. Follow with a layer of red chicory, a little more dressing; then a layer of Lollo Rosso lettuce. Repeat the layers until the bowl is full and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe