- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: plus freezing
- Effort: medium
- 100 g blueberries
- 5 egg whites
- 300 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp pink peppercorns
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Lightly oil a large flat tray and line it with non-stick baking paper. Place the blueberries on the paper-lined tray and transfer to the freezer for at least 2 hours
2. Whip the egg whites until they resemble soft peaks. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, and fold in the cornflour and vinegar. Make 4-6 large meringues by scooping dollops of the egg white onto the lined tray. Don't worry about them looking uniformly shaped.
3. Crush the pink peppercorns and rub most of them through a sieve over the individual meringues. Place the meringue tray in the preheated oven and turn the temperature down to 150C/gas 2. Cook the meringues for about 50 minutes without opening the door. When cooked, they should be a pale honey colour. Turn off the oven and let the meringues cool completely before removing them.
4. Pit the chopped chocolate in a bowl, set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted, and set aside.
5. To serve, place a baked meringue on a dessert plate and sprinkle with a few iced berries (taken straight from the freezer). Pour over a drizzle of melted chocolate. Rub the remaining peppercorns through a sieve on top of the white chocolate sauce and berries. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe