- Serves: Makes 1, plus dough for 2 pizzas
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 30 mins rising
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 12 g fresh yeast, or 1 seachet fast action dried yeast
- 300 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large onions, finely sliced
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 16 tinned anchovies
- 16 black olives
1. First make the pizza dough. In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt and yeast. Gradually add in the warm water, mixing as you add it in, until the mixture comes together into a dough.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured work surface until smooth and elastic. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes, until doubled in size.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add in the onion and fry gently for 30 minutes, stirring often, until softened without colouring. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Preheat the oven to 240°C/gas 9.
5. Break down the risen dough and divide it into 3 even-sized portions. Roll out one portion of dough into a large disc and place it on a baking sheet.
6. Top the disc with an even layer of fried onion. Top with the anchovies in a criss-cross pattern, filling the gaps with black olives.
7. Bake for 10 minutes and serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe