- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- extra virgin olive oil
- 35 g breadcrumbs
- 300 g bucatini pasta
- 100 g pancetta, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tsp thyme, leaves only, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 400 ml double cream
- 1 puntarelle or chicory
- 30 g olives, pits removed, halved
- 50 g pistachio nuts, chopped
1. Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the breadcrumbs until brown. Remove and drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper. Set aside.
2. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
3. Heat a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the pancetta, pepper and thyme for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
4. Add the cream and warm through. Finely chop a handful of leaves from the puntarelle and stir into the sauce. Allow the leaves to wilt gently.
5. Drain the pasta and stir it into the sauce.
6. Sprinkle with the olives, chopped pistachio and the reserved fried breadcrumbs.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe