- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr drying time
- Effort: medium
- 100 g shelled pistachio nuts, (plus 12 for decoration)
- 2 egg whites
- 100 g caster sugar
- half a tsp vanilla extract
- 115 g raspberries, (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 2-3 tbsp icing sugar
- 150 ml whipping or double cream
- 115 g strawberries, hulled
- 115 g blueberries
- 115 g redcurrants
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2.
2. Finely grind 100g pistachio nuts in a grinder or mortar and pestle.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Slowly add the caster sugar, whisking well between each addition. Fold in the vanilla extract and the nuts.
4. Place 12 spoonfuls of the meringue mixture on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Flatten each spoonful with the back of a damp spoon.
5. Bake the meringues for 10 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues in the oven for a further hour to dry out.
6. Meanwhile, make a raspberry coulis in a blender or food processor by blending together the raspberries into a smooth puree and sweetening to taste with icing sugar. Strain the coulis through a fine sieve. Whip the cream until thick.
7. To serve sandwich two meringues together with whipped cream. Place on a serving plate, drizzle over with raspberry coulis and sprinkle with a few strawberries, blueberries and redcurrants. Repeat the process making 6 servings in all. Serve.
Rate This Recipe