- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 mins rising
- Effort: medium
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 140 ml warm water
- 180 g strong bread flour
- 1 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
For the topping
- 1 x 400400 g canned chopped tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 12 tinned anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
1. Combine the salt and the yeast in a bowl with the water.
2. Sieve the flour into a large bowl, make a well in the centre, and pour in the yeast mixture and add the olive oil.
3. Mix well with a wooden spoon to blend everything together. Turn out the dough onto a clean, well-floured surface and knead with your hands for about 3-5 minutes, until smooth.
4. Transfer to a clean bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for at least 30 minutes, until the dough nearly doubles in size.
5. Preheat the oven to 220C/ gas 7.
6. Once rested, turn out the dough onto a floured surface and, using your hands, shape the dough into a round pizza shape - about 25cm in diameter and 0.5cm thick.
7. Brush a baking tray with olive oil and place the pizza base on the tray.
8. Spread the tomatoes over the dough, sprinkle with oregano, anchovies and chopped garlic. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
9. Cook in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes, until the pizza base is cooked through. Serve hot or cold.
Rate This Recipe