- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 4 hrs rising
- Effort: medium
- 250 g '00' flour
- 12 g fresh yeast
- 170 ml water
- 9 g salt
- 10 g caster sugar
For the pizza topping:
- 4 ripe tomatoes, passed through a sieve
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 2 balls of buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 8 slices of Parma ham
- 1 tbsp basil, finely chopped
1. Mix 190g of the flour with all the yeast and 130ml of the water in a mixing bowl, mixing together well, then set aside to rise for 2 hours.
2. Add in the remaining flour and water, salt and sugar and mix well for 4 minutes. Set aside to rise for a further 1-2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas 8.
4. Roll out the pizza base to your desired size and place on a baking sheet. Spread with the tomatoes, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, top with the mozzarella, Parma ham and basil.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. If a very crispy base is required then blind bake the base for 10 minutes before adding any topping ingredients.
Rate This Recipe