- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 300 g spinach leaves
- black pepper
- a handful of fresh cherry tomatoes, alved
- 6 eggs
- 100 ml full-fat milk
- 150 g mozzarella
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan with a diameter of about 23cm and fry the onion until golden. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
3. Beat the eggs in a large bowl, add the milk and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Pour the eggs on to the spinach mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes until the frittata starts to set.
5. Break the mozzarella ball roughly and scatter on top.
6. Place under a hot grill for about 2 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
7. Place the frittata on a large plate, cut into slices like a pizza and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe