- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus rising
- Effort: easy
- 500 ml lukewarm water
- 1 cube or 30g yeast
- 1 kg plain flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
1. Add the water to a bowl. Then add yeast a little at a time breaking it up with your hands. (You can also use yeast in the powder form). Let the yeast fully dissolve in water and stand for 2 minutes.
2. Add the flour on a smooth work surface and create a well in the centre. Slowly add the yeast-water mixture, olive oil and salt until the flour has absorbed the liquid.
3. Knead until the mixture becomes an even dough consistency. If necessary, add a little more flour to absorb any excess liquid.
4. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions to make individual size pizzas. Place on a lightly floured surface or pan and cover with a cloth. Let them rest for about an hour at room temperature or until dough has doubled in size.
Rate This Recipe