- Serves: Makes 1 pizza, plus dough for 2 pizzas
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 30 mins resting
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 12 g fresh yeast, or 1 seachet fast action dried yeast
- 300 ml warm water
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 6 figs, quartered
- 2 slices of Parma ham
- honey, for drizzling
1. First make the pizza dough. In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt and yeast. Gradually add in the warm water, mixing as you add it in, until the mixture comes together into a dough.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured work surface until smooth and elastic. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes, until doubled in size.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
4. Break down the risen pizza dough and divide it into 3 even-sized portions. Roll out one of the portions into a large disc and place it on a baking sheet.
5. Crumble the ricotta over the pizza and top with the quartered figs. Tear the prosciutto into strips and twist the Parma ham strips in between the figs. Drizzle over the honey.
6. Bake for 8 minutes and serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe