- Serves: 36-40
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 265 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 170 g granulated sugar
- vegetable oil or butter, for brushing
- 115 g unsalted butter, melted
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat a pizzelle iron.
2. Combine the flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix the eggs and sugar together until thick. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla in a steady stream. Finally, fold in the flour.
4. Lightly brush the top and bottom of the iron with vegetable oil.
5. Scoop about 1.5 - 2 teaspoons of mixture into each mould. Close the lid and lock. Cook until light or dark brown, according to taste - time varies according to the iron. If necessary, check the colour after 45 seconds to gauge how much longer to cook.
6. Remove the pizzelle from the iron using a heatproof plastic spatula and put on a rack to cool completely. Repeat until all the mixture is used up. Alternatively, warm pizzelle can be wrapped around a dowel or failing that, wooden spoon handle to form cannoli shells.
7. Once cooled, dust the pizzelle with icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe