- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 225 g wholemeal flour, plus extra for dusting
- 30 ml melted butter
- pinch of salt
- 225 ml water, plus extra if necessary
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, melted butter and salt.
2. Add in the water and mix together to form a soft dough. Knead the dough for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
3. Wrap in cling film and set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
4. Shape the rested paratha dough into 5cm balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball to form a 10cm circle.
5. Brush each dough circle with melted with butter and dust with flour. Fold into a semi-circle, brush with more butter and flour, then fold in half again into a triangle.
6. Roll out the triangles to 3mm thick circles.
7. Heat a heavy-based frying pan until hot. Add in one of the paraathas and fry-fry for 30 seconds on one side.
8. While frying, brush the top side with butter. Flip over, and fry until the paratha starts to crisp.
9. Brush the new top side with melted butter, flip and repeat the process, then remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat the process until all the parathas have been fried.
Rate This Recipe