- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp oil, or small knob of lard
- 6-8 rashers plantation pigsrindless smoked bacon, or unsmoked back or streaky bacon (thick-cut)
- 4 thick slices white bread
- tomato ketchup, or brown sauce
Tips and Suggestions
it's best to buy dry-cure bacon if you can, as less water is released when frying, ensuring really crisp fat (the best bit) and a better flavour.
1. First prepare the bacon by using scissors to snip a few small cuts in the fat around each bacon rasher - this will help achieve a crisp edge and stop the fat from curling up too much when cooking.
2. Heat the oil or lard in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the bacon for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it's as crispy as you like.
3. Remove the bacon and divide between 2 slices of bread. Spread either tomato ketchup or brown sauce on to the remaining 2 slices and put sauce-side down in the pan. Leave for about a minute to absorb all the juices in the pan.
4. Assemble the sandwiches and eat while the bacon is still warm.
Rate This Recipe