- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the topping
- 900 g plums
- 400 g bought sweet or shortcrust pastry
- icing sugar, for dusting
For the frangipane
- 225 g unsalted butter
- 225 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 110 g ground almonds
- 4 tbsp plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6
2. Roll out the pastry and line a 34cm round fluted or rectangular tart tin. Trim the edges and prick the base lightly with a fork. Cover and chill.
3. Meanwhile make the frangipane. Using an electric whisk, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Gradually beat in the egg.
4. Stir in the brandy, almonds and flour. Spread the frangipane evenly over the base of the pastry case.
5. Remove the stones from the plum and cut into quarters. Gently push the plum quarters vertically into the frangipane.
6. Place the tart on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the pastry is beginning to brown. Reduce the oven temperature to 180C/gas 4 and continue to bake for 35 minutes.
7. Remove the tart from the oven and leave to cool slightly, then remove from tin and dust lightly with icing sugar.
8. Cut into wedges and serve warm with blackberries, thick double cream flavoured with cassis, or custard.
Rate This Recipe