- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g butter
- 250 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 175 g ground almonds
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 g plain flour
- 250 g frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 plums, alved lengthways, pitted and thinly sliced
1. In a food processor or mixer, cream the butter, sugar and the vanilla extract for about 5 minutes until pale and fluffy.
2. Gradually add the ground almonds and eggs, pulsing until thoroughly mixed.
3. Scrape the mixture into a bowl, then fold in the flour. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
5. Roll out the pastry very thinly. Cut into two 16-18cm circles using the rim of a bowl as a guide. Place the circles in the flan tins.
6. Spread a thin layer of frangipane on top of the pastry. Arrange the plum slices on top of the frangipane in overlapping concentric circles.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the filling is set. Serve hot or warm.
Rate This Recipe