- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g plums, stoned and chopped (see Cook's note below)
- 500 g figs, chopped
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1 pieces preserved stem ginger, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 150 g ready-made custard
- 500 g carton set yogurt, or crème fraiche
- amaretti biscuits
Tips and Suggestions
Tana used autumn plums and figs, but almost any fruit can be used to make a fool which, in its simplest form, is a mixture of pureed fruit and whipped cream. Choose fruit to suit your taste and the season.
1. Put the chopped plums and figs in a non-reactive saucepan with the sugar, ginger and lemon juice. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes. Leave to cool.
2. Drain the fruit, reserving the syrup, and purée until smooth.
3. Reheat the syrup and cook until reduced by half. Stir the reduced syrup into the plum and fig purée.
4. Combine the custard and yogurt in a bowl. Fold in the purée, mixing until well combined. Spoon the mixture into dessert bowls, cover and chill until required.
5. Serve with amaretti biscuits.
Rate This Recipe