- Serves: 2 kg jam
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus macerating andcooling
- Effort: easy
- 500 g marrow, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 kg preserving sugar
- 1 kg plums, halved, stoned and chopped
1. Place the marrow in a bowl with a third of the sugar. Toss to coat and then leave to macerate for 15 minutes.
2. Place the plums in a large, heavy-based saucepan with the remaining sugar. Mix in the macerated marrow.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1-1 and a half hours, stirring occasionally and skimming off any scum with a spoon. To test the jam, spoon a little of it onto a plate and allow to cool for two minutes.
4. Pull a finger through the jam - if a line remains between the jam, the jam is ready. If not, continue simmering, then test again. Once the jam has reached the desired consistency, spoon into hot sterilised jars, cover with waxed paper discs, allow to cool, then cover tightly.
Rate This Recipe