- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g puff pastry
- 75 g unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled
- 50 g butter
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 450 g plums
- ice cream, or clotted cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle the size of a Swiss roll tin and place in the tin. Prick the pastry thoroughly with a fork to prevent it from rising during baking. Chill in the refrigerator until needed.
3. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add in the pistachio nuts and boil for two minutes. Drain and run under cold water until cool. Place in a clean tea towel and rub until the skins are removed. Discard the skins.
4. Place the pistachio kernels in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
5. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter together with the sugar. Mix in the egg and chopped pistachios.
6. Spread the pistachio paste over the pastry base, taking it to within 1cm of the edges.
7. Stone the plums and cut in half. Lay evenly and closely together over the nut paste.
8. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the pastry and fruit are cooked. Serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe