- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg medium-sized plums
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g golden caster sugar
For the topping
- 225 g plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 110 g cold, hard butter, cut into pieces
- 175 ml buttermilk
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar, mixed with 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- handful blanched flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
2. De-stone the plums and quarter them. Don't make them too small otherwise they'll break up in the oven..
3. Arrange the plums and raisins in the baking dish, then scatter the golden caster sugar over the top.
4. To make the topping: place the sifted flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, lemon zest and butter into a food processor. Add the butter and pulse several times until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Pour in the buttermilk and pulse again briefly until you have a thick dough.
5. Spoon the mixture over the fruit in large heaps. Don't worry about covering the fruit completely or how even the heaps are. Lastly, sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon all over, followed by the flaked almonds.
6. Place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the topping has turned golden brown. Serve warm with double cream.
Rate This Recipe