- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g rhubarb, sliced into short lengths, any leaves discarded
- 250 g sugar
- 150 g plums, chopped, stones removed
- 250 g wholemeal flour
- 200 g porridge oats
- 100 g butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- crème fraiche, Greek yogurt or fromage frais, to serve
1. Place the rhubarb in a large saucepan. Add a little water and the sugar. Cover, bring to the boil, reduce heat and cook over a low heat until the rhubarb has softened, stirring now and then.
2. Drain the cooked rhubarb and mix with the plums.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 7.
4. To make the crumble topping, place the wholemeal flour in a large bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
5. Stir in the oats, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, mixing thoroughly.
6. Divide the rhubarb and plum mixture among 6 small ramekins or place in one large baking dish.
7. Spread the crumble topping over the rhubarb and plum mixture.
8. Bake the crumble for 15-20 minutes, or until the topping turns dark golden brown.
9. Serve warm from the oven with crème fraiche, Greek yoghurt or fromage frais.
Rate This Recipe