- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the topping
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 140 g breadcrumbs
- 55 g lightlight muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
For the plum puree
- 12 plums
- 110 g unrefined vanilla sugar
- 30 g unsalted butter
- cream, to serve
1. Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed frying pan and when it begins to bubble, add the breadcrumbs and stir to coat them in the butter.
2. Continue to stir every for 4-5 minutes, stirring every so often until the breadcrumbs are really crisp.
3. Remove the crumbs from the heat and stir in the sugar, ground cinnamon and allspice and transfer to a serving bowl.
4. Meanwhile, halve the plums and remove the stones. Place them in a saucepan with the sugar and 2 tablespoons of water.
5. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they have cooked to a puree-like consistency.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.
7. Spoon the plums into bowls and let everyone sprinkle over his or her own crumbs. Serve with lashings of fresh cream.
Rate This Recipe