- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the almond biscuits
- 300 g ground almonds
- 200 g brown sugar
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Flaked almonds
For the Eton less
- 6-8 plums
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200 g low-fat cheese
- 500 g Low-fat Greek yogurt
- 6-8 meringue nests
- Sprigs of orange zest and mint, tp decorate
1. For the almond biscuits: preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the ground almonds, sugar, flour, cinnamon, lemon zest and juice. Add water a little at a time until you have a thick paste.
3. With your hands roll the dough into 2cm balls. Place the balls on a greased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Squash each ball until it is around ½cm thick. Decorate by pressing the flaked almonds into the top of each biscuit before placing in the oven.
4. Bake for 10 15 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
5. To make the Eton less: cut the plums into small wedges and remove the stones.
6. Place the sugar in a small saucepan with 4 tbsp of water and bring to the boil. Add the plums, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla and cinnamon. Boil rapidly for around 5 minutes, until the juices have reduced to a thick syrup. Pour the plum mixture onto a plate and allow it to cool. Reserve 4 wedges for decoration.
7. Combine the cream cheese and yogurt, taking care not to over mix.
8. Crush the meringue nests, leaving a mix of larger chunks and fine dust.
9. Just before serving add the meringues to the yogurt mixture and carefully stir them in.
10. Layer the plums and yogurt in four tall-stemmed glasses. Decorate with the reserved plum wedges, a sprig of mint and the biscuits on the side.
Rate This Recipe