- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 350 g bread dough
- grated rind of 2 lemons
- grated rind and juice of 2 oranges
- 900 g mixed plums, stoned and quartered
- 85 g unsalted butter
- 115 g brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 punnet of red berries or blackberries, (optional)
- icing sugar, for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6. Lightly grease a 35cm loose bottom flan ring or a large baking sheet.
2. On a lightly floured surface, knock back the dough and knead in the grated lemon and orange rind. Roll the dough out into a rough round and place in the prepared flan ring or baking sheet.
3. Scatter the plums over the dough and dot over the butter. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the plums. Pour over the orange juice.
4. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the dough is cooked and the plums piping hot.
5. To serve scatter with berries and lightly dust with the icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe