- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pastry
- 100 g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 90 g caster sugar
- 175 g plain flour
- 25 g ground almonds
For the plum jam topping
- 1 kg plums, stones removed, quartered
- 110 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp orange juice
1. For the pastry:preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4. Using some extra butter, grease and line a 23cm springform cake tin.
2. Melt the butter, transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. Add the flour and a pinch of sea salt and stir to make a soft dough. Press the dough evenly into the base of the prepared tin with your fingertips.
3. Put the tin on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is slightly puffy and golden. Remove from the oven (leaving the oven on) and sprinkle the ground almonds over the pastry base.
4. For the plum jam topping: toss together the plums, sugar, cornflour and orange juice. Spread over the pastry base and return to the oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Leave the tart to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving it is delicious warm or at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe