- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the poached eggs
- 1 splashes white wine vinegar
- 4 duck eggs
For the spinach and cheese sauce
- knob of butter
- 400 g spinach
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
1. For the poached eggs: bring a wide shallow pan of water to the boil. Add a splash of vinegar and a pinch of salt, and lower the heat so that the water is at a simmer.
2. Break the eggs into the pan and poach for 3 minutes. Lift each egg out with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on kitchen paper.
3. For the spinach and cheese sauce: heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper and keep warm.
4. In a small pan, warm the whipping cream and cheddar over a low heat. Again, season to taste.
5. To serve, arrange the spinach on each serving plate, top each serving with a poached egg and pour over the sauce. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe