- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 5 cm piece of ginger, roughly chopped
- 5 cm piece of galangal, roughly chopped
- 1 stalks lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 4 stalks forced rhubarb, cut into large batons
- 1 pineapple, cut into large chunks
- large handful lychees, peeled
- 2 Charentais melons, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 1 papaya, peeled, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice
- sprigs mint
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the sugar, ginger, thai ginger, lemongrass and chilli and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add the rhubarb and pineapple and simmer until tender. Add the lychees and take off the heat.
3. On a serving plate, make a well with the melon slices. Put the papaya strips in the centre of the well and spoon the poached fruit on top and around. Pour a little of the juices over and finish with a little lime zest, lime juice and mint leaves.
Rate This Recipe