- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 800 g undyed smoked haddock
- 600 ml full-fat milk
- 400 g young spinach leaves
- 3 eggs
- 1 handfuls watercress, to serve (dressed lightly in olive oil and lemon)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4
2. Divide the haddock into to 4 pieces and put in an ovenproof dish. Pour the milk over. Pop into oven and poach for 20 minutes. Take haddock out of milk, cover and keep warm.
3. Wash the spinach and shake off as much water as possible. Cook in microwave for 1 minute (the spinach keeps its vibrant dark green colour and you wont have to squeeze the spinach to get rid of the water, so the leaves keep their shape).
4. Flake the haddock into the bottom of a buttered soufflé dish.
5. Beat the eggs with half the milk in which you cooked the haddock. Season if necessary and stir in the spinach. Pour over the haddock.
6. Bake for 30 minutes until the custard has set. Serve with bread and salad
Rate This Recipe