- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 trout fillets
- 55 g butter
- grated zest of 2 lemons, (ideally Amalfi lemons)
- small handful of lemon balm leaves
- 4-5 sprigs of lemon thyme
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
1. Lay each trout fillet out flat on a piece of cling film. Dot with the butter.
2. Using a pestle and mortar or food processor, grind together the lemon zest, lemon balm, lemon thyme, garlic, parsley and olive oil into a rough paste. Season with sea salt and coarsely ground pepper.
3. Spread the lemon paste over the non-buttered trout fillet sides. Wrap up each fillet in the cling film, forming a parcel, and fasten into parcels using either grass or kitchen string.
4. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the trout parcels and simmer for up to 20 minutes until cooked through. Unwrap and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe