- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time:
- Effort: hard
- 1 live lobster, (500g-750g)
For the potato salad
- 200 g new potatoes
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 green peppers
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 50 g rocket
For the Lobster Oil
- 1/2 shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 red chillies
- lobster head, broken into small pieces
- 150 ml olive oil
For the Herb Oil
- 25 g leaves parsley, picked
- 25 g basil
- 25 g coriander leaves, picked
- 100 ml olive oil
1. Have two large bowls of ice water ready, and two pans of boiling water.
2. Kill the lobster by piercing the back of its head with a sharp knife. Remove the tail. Remove the claws and arms and retain. Discard the stomach. Keep the head for the lobster oil.
3. Cook the claws in boiling water for 5 minutes, adding the tail after 1½ minutes. Remove and plunge in ice water. When cool, shell the meat, cutting the tail into slices, and reserve.
4. Cut the new potatoes into 1cm thick slices and cook in boiling salted water until just tender.
5. Make the lime vinaigrette by zesting one of the limes and removing the juice from both limes. Mix this in a bowl with the chopped chilli and gradually whisk in the olive oil before seasoning to taste.
6. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and immediately toss them in the lime vinaigrette.
7. Once cool, add the finely diced spring onion and green pepper and toss together, stirring in the cayenne pepper and the rocket leaves.
8. For the lobster oil, gently fry the shallot, garlic and chilli in a little oil. Add the lobster head and cook for a few minutes. Add the oil, and leave to infuse at room temperature for as long as desired.
9. For the herb oil, plunge the herbs in boiling water for 10 seconds, remove immediately and plunge into ice water.
10. Remove from ice bath and squeeze out excess liquid before transferring to a blender and gradually adding the oil and seasoning to taste.
11. Place the potato salad on a plate or bowl, retaining some of the lime vinaigrette. Lay the slices of tail meat over the potato salad, garnish with one of the claws and drizzle the vinaigrette over the lobster. Finally, drizzle the two oils over the plate and serve.
Rate This Recipe