- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: medium
- 2 large mango
- 12 lychees, unpeeled
- sprigs mint, to garnish
- lemon sorbet, to serve
For the stock syrup:
- 500 ml water
- 500 ml white rum
- 560 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split and scraped
- 3-4 slices ginger
1. Place the stock syrup ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to just below a simmer.
2. Place the mangoes in the syrup and cover with greaseproof paper. Gently poach for 40 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Add the lychees and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and leave the fruit to cool in the syrup.
5. Remove the fruit from syrup. Peel, slice and serve with lemon sorbet, garnished with mint sprigs.
Rate This Recipe