- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 8 pears, halved, peeled and cored
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 bottles Italian white wine, such as Orvieto
- 1 Italian red wine
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 6 star anise
- 200 g sugar
- 600 ml water
- 40 g honey
- 1 vanilla pod, halved
- mascarpone ice cream, to serve
1. Sprinkle the prepared pears with the lemon juice to prevent them from going brown.
2. Pour the white and red wines into two separate saucepans. Divide the remaining ingredients equally between each pan.
3. Put eight pear halves into each pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer briskly for15 minutes. Leave the pears to cool down in their cooking liquid, preferably overnight.
4. Drain the pears and set aside. Boil the two syrups separately until reduced. Pour into bowl and leave to cool.
5. When the syrups are cool, place some of each colour pear on serving plates and spoon the syrups over the top. Serve with a scoop of Mascarpone ice cream.
Rate This Recipe