- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 750 ml red wine
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- ½ lemons, zest only
- pinches ground cloves
- 2 tbsp Cointreau
- 8 Forelle pears, peeled, leaving stalks
- 300 g sugar
1. Place the red wine in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat and add the cinnamon sticks, lemon zest, ground cloves
and Cointreau and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the pears and sugar.
4. Partly cover and simmer over a very low heat for 1 hour until the pears are tender.
5. Carefully remove the pears and place in a serving dish.
6. Strain the remaining red wine mixture and return to the saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook briskly until it reduces and thickens into a syrup.
7. Pour the red wine syrup over the pears. Serve warm or cold with Greek
yoghurt or cream.
Rate This Recipe