- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 600 ml goat's milk
- 400 g caster sugar
- 60 ml golden syrup
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 vanilla pods
- 4 Comice pears
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
1. Firstly make the sauce by putting the milk, half of the sugar and the golden syrup into a pan. Bring to the boil.
2. Crumble the cinnamon stick into the milk and add the baking powder. Take the pan off the heat and stir well as the mix will rise quickly. Continue to whisk the mixture until it stops rising and place onto the heat again and bring back to the boil, whisking all the time.
3. Turn down the heat and cook for about 45 minutes, simmering, and stirring all the time to prevent the mixture from burning.
4. Split the vanilla pod in half and place in a pan with the rest of the sugar.
5. Peel the pears, leaving the stalk on, and remove the core from the bottom of the pears. Place in the pan with the sugar and vanilla and cover with hot water. Pour in the lemon juice and zest and cover with a lid. Bring to the boil, and then turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes until the pears are soft when tested with the point of a knife.
6. When the sauce is ready it should be a caramel colour.
7. Remove the pears from the pan and drain for a minute on some kitchen paper. Using a sharp knife, fan the pears by cutting five slits in each of them. Place the pears onto the plate and pour the hot sauce over the top.
8. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe