- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 ripe but firm pears
- 300 ml dessert wine, or sweet white wine
- 8 passion fruit
- 500ml carton crème fraîche
- 100 g caster sugar
1.Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Peel the pears leaving them whole and place upright in a baking dish. Pour over the dessert wine. Bake for 30 minutes until the pears are tender.
2. Meanwhile, halve the passion fruits and scoop out their pulp. Mix with crème fraiche, cover and chill until serving.
3. Transfer the pears to 6 serving dishes. Pour the cooking liquid into a saucepan. Add the sugar. Cook until thickened into a syrup.
4. Serve the pears with a little of the syrup poured over them and a dollop of the passion fruit cream.
Rate This Recipe