- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 110 g rice or cellophane noodles
- 8 raw tiger prawns
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 6 large water chestnuts
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and finely sliced
For the dressing:
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 piece of crystallised ginger, in syrupfinely chopped
- 1 tsp stem ginger syrup, (from the jar)
- lemon juice
- splash of tabasco
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- handful of fresh coriander leaves
1. Place the prawns in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and poach for 2-3 minutes until the prawns turn pink. Drain and set aside.
2. Make the dressing by combining the sesame oil, soy sauce, crystallised ginger, ginger syrup, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce in a large bowl.
2. Toss the prawns with the dressing and set aside.
3. Soak the noodles in a large bowl of boiling water for about 5 minutes; drain and pat dry with a clean tea towel.
4. Remove the prawns from the dressing. Add the noodles to the dressing and mix well. Transfer to a serving dish.
5. Top the noodles with the prawns, spring onion, water chestnut and red pepper. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and coriander leaves and serve.
Rate This Recipe