- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes resting
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g rhubarb, chopped into small, even-sized chunks
- 200 g caster sugar
- 400 ml water
- orange liqueur, to taste
1. Place the rhubarb in a heatproof bowl.
2. Put the caster sugar and water in a saucepan. Heat it gently over a hob until the sugar is dissolved and then bring to a rapid boil.
3. Add orange liqueur, to taste, to the boiling syrup.
4. Pour the boiling sugar syrup over the rhubarb over and stir well. Cover at once and set aside for 30 minutes so that the rhubarb steams in the hot syrup.
5. Serve the rhubarb.
Rate This Recipe