- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 40 strawberries
- 40 ml champagne
- 115 g sugar
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- 100 g clotted cream
1. Place the strawberries in a large heat-proof bowl.
2. Pour the champagne into a pan and heat up until nearly boiling. Add the sugar and stir until melted.
3. Pour the hot champagne over the strawberries. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the gelatine leaves in a small bowl. Add just enough cold water to cover and set aside to soften.
5. Remove the strawberries from the champagne using a slotted spoon and set aside until serving. Strain the warm champagne into a large bowl.
6. Mix the softened gelatine into the warm champagne, stirring until dissolved.
7. Chill the champagne jelly for 30 minutes in the refrigerator or 15 minutes in the freezer until set. Finely chop once set.
8. Place the clotted cream in the centre of a serving plate. Surround with the strawberries. Sprinkle the chopped champagne jelly over the clotted cream. Serve.
Rate This Recipe