- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 500 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- g small caper berries
- 01 lemons, grated zest only
- 6 coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tuna steaks, each 240g
- green salad, to serve
1. Place the olive oil, onion, caperberries, lemon zest, coriander seeds, black pepper into a large, heavy-based saucepan and heat slowly over gentle heat.
2. When oil is at around 60° (at a gentle bubble), place the tuna in the warm olive oil and poach over the gentle flame for 2-3 minutes only.
3. Remove from the heat and leave the fish to cook and cool slightly. Remove the tuna from the oil, using a slotted spoon.
4. Serve warm or completely chilled, with a fresh green salad.
Rate This Recipe