- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 ml fish stock
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 turbot fillets, (approx 200g each)
- 2 tsp preserved stem ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 90 g unsalted butter
- tagliatelle pasta, new potatoes or herb mashed potato, to serve
1. Pour the fish stock into a large shallow pan and bring to the boil. Turn down to a gentle simmer.
2. Season the fish, place it in with the stock and cover with kitchen foil.
3. After 3-4 minutes, turn the fish over. When cooked remove from the heat and keep warm.
4. Turn the heat up and reduce the fish stock by half and then add the ginger and thyme. Mix in the unsalted butter until completely incorporated.
5. Place the fish on a serving platter and spoon over the sauce. Serve with tagliatelle, new potatoes or herb mash.
Rate This Recipe