- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 85 g quick-cook polenta
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 papaya
- 1 peach or nectarine
- 2 tbsp brown or molasses sugar
- 100 g plain low-fat bio yogurt
- a few pomegranate seeds, to garnish
1. Put a kettle of water on to boil. Place the polenta and salt in a small saucepan then, when the water has boiled, add approximately 500ml to the saucepan, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
2. Place the pan over a medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Lower the heat a little under the pan and simmer for 4-5 minutes or according to the packet instructions until the grains have expanded and the mixture is a thick dolloping consistency. Add more hot water from the kettle as necessary, stirring well to incorporate the liquid.
3. Divide the cooked polenta between two serving bowls - it will be scalding hot. Set aside while you prepare the fruit.
4. Peel the papaya, if using. Slice the peach or nectarine. Scatter the fruit over the polenta. Drizzle the yogurt over the fruit and sprinkle with the sugar - the polenta is so hot it will soon start to melt. Serve garnished with pomegranate seeds or small red berries.
Rate This Recipe