- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the polenta:
- 600 ml milk
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200 g instant polenta
- 240 ml double cream
- 140 g mascarpone
- 40 g parmesan, grated
For the wild mushrooms:
- 400 g wild mushrooms, such as field mushrooms, porcini, chanterelle finely sliced
- 20 g butter
- 2 banana shallots, finely diced
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 150 g gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1. For the polenta: Place 400ml water, milk and garlic in a large saucepan, season and bring to a boil. When boiling, add the polenta and stir continuously for 1 minute or until thickened.
2. Once polenta is cooked, add cream and parmesan and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add mascarpone.
3. For the wild mushrooms: In a large pan, melt the butter and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the shallots and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes. Next, add the mushrooms and season well. Leave the mushrooms to cook for 2 minutes without stirring, then turn over and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. Once cooked, remove from heat and sprinkle parsley on top.
4. To serve, place a large spoonful of polenta on the plate, followed by wild mushrooms, crumbled gorgonzola and the parsley and dill.
See more John Torode recipes.
Rate This Recipe