- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 heaped tbsp polenta
- 2 knobs of butter
- 50 g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- handfuls thyme, roughly chopped
- 2 fillets of rabbit, boned and trimmed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 125 ml port
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
1. Cook the polenta in stock or boiling water, according to packet instructions. Once cooked, whisk in a large knob of butter and the parmesan.
2. Rub the thyme and garlic into the rabbit with a little olive oil and seasoning. Heat a frying pan and cook the rabbit fillets. Keep turning so it cooks through from both sides.
3. Once the rabbit is cooked, add the port to the pan and scrape the sticky bits from the bottom into the juices. Cover with a lid and set aside.
4. Peel long strips off the carrots with a vegetable peeler or mandolin. Dress with a slug of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season.
5. Whisk a knob of butter into the rabbit juices to give the sauce a sheen. Slice the rabbit fillets.
6. Spoon the polenta onto the serving plates, top with the sliced rabbit and pour over the sauce. Serve with the carrot salad.
Rate This Recipe