- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the mushroom sauce
- 150 ml olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 400 g mushrooms, sliced
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- handfuls flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
For the polenta
- 1 litres water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 g polenta, quick-cooking
- 50 g butter
- 2 tbsp parmesan shavings
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the garlic and chilli and cook over a low heat until softened.
2. Add the chopped mushrooms and fry briskly for 2 minutes.
3. Add the stock, then stir in the tomato puree and cook for a further 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley and set aside.
4. To make the polenta, bring a medium saucepan, filled with slightly salted water, to the boil.
5. Gradually add the polenta, stirring all the time. Reduce the heat and continue to stir the mixture for about 5 minutes, until it starts to come away from the sides of the pan. Stir in the butter.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and spoon the polenta onto the prepared board, spreading it out with a spatula into a 20cm circle with a thickness of about 2.5 cm.
7. Top with the Parmesan cheese shavings and pour over the mushroom sauce. Place in the centre of the table and serve.
Rate This Recipe