- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g octopus, cleaned, cut into 3cm cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped (optional)
- 5 tinned anchovies
- 20 capers
- 12 cherry tomatoes, juicy, quartered
- 1 bunches parsley, Italian, finely chopped
- 1 pinches salt, to season
Heat the olive oil in a heavy casserole over a moderate heat and when hot, add the garlic, chillies (if using), anchovies and capers. Stir and fry for about 30 seconds.
While still on the heat, tip in the octopus pieces, followed by the cherry tomatoes and chopped parsley. Simmer on a very low heat for about an hour, or until the octopus is tender. Season with salt and serve.
Rate This Recipe