- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 even-sized clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp capers
- 4 even-sized green olives, quartered
- 4 even-sized tinned anchovies
- 2 even-sized octopus, weighing about 400g each, cleaned (ask your fishmonger to do this)
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 10 even-sized cherry tomatoes, squashed
- 1 handfuls flat leaf parsley, coarse stalks removed
- 1 pinches salt
1. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan (use one in which the octopus will fit tightly) and add the garlic, capers, olives and anchovies.
2. Once the garlic begins to sweat, add the octopuses and a pinch of salt. Stir well, lower the heat, and then add the tomatoes and parsley.
3. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook on a low heat for 1 hour 10 minutes until the octopuses are very tender. During cooking they will shrink and exude quite a bit of liquid. Adjust the seasoning if necessary, and then serve.
Rate This Recipe