- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 100 g spicy chorizo sausages, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 100 g strong cheddar or manchego cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 pollock fillet, weighing 150g each
- juice of 1 lemons
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 6.
2. Heat the oil in an ovenproof, flameproof dish until very hot. Throw in the potatoes and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shake the potatoes around a bit, tossing until well coated in oil. Place the dish in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the chilli, tomatoes, chorizo and garlic. Roast about 15 minutes more until soft, but crispy around the edge. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/gas 4.
5. Mix together the cheese, egg and mustard in a bowl.
6. Place the fish steaks in a single layer in a baking dish. Season and sprinkle the lemon juice over them. Spoon the cheese mixture over each steak. Place in the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes until the fish is just cooked and the cheese is golden.
7. To serve, place the fish on top of the potatoes and garnish with parsley.
Rate This Recipe